Stream of Consciousness Sunday – Keepsakes
This week’s prompt – Tell me about a keepsake that you treasure and will hold on to until death do you part..
This one was easy for me. My treasure I’ll hold forever is one that I’ve had since I was a small child. And it was my grandmother’s before that:
Yes, it’s a perfume bottle. And it still smells like the wonderful perfume it once contained.
It’s also one of the only things that my grandmother brought to Canada when she emigrated from England. No, that’s not the whole story. You see she was actually Polish, as is my Grandfather. And my father and his twin brother who were born in Poland in January of 1940. Four months after their father (my grandfather) left to fight the Germans. My grandmother was finally able to escape Poland with her boys and moved (eventually) to England. Where they were reunited with my grandfather 7 years later.
So it’s a symbol to me, through all the hardships she endured, she still had this one piece of beauty she brought with her. And then she gave it to me when I was born.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post here.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.